• Bonds, protects and rebuilds for a permanent repair
• Excellent sealant – perfect for patching small holes
• Waterproof – bond remains secure even when exposed to water
• Creates extra traction – can even be used on skateboards!
Manufacturer's Part Number: #110012
Big R SKU: #369785
Shoe GOO is the #1 shoe repair adhesive! It’s ideal for fixing worn soles or damaged heels, coating shoes to prevent premature wear and sealing galoshes, waders or rubber boots. The unique formula is designed for strong abrasion resistance and better adhesion to flexible materials.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SAFE USEFollow these step-by-step directions when using Shoe GOO:
1. Please read all directions before using. TEST SMALL AREA BEFORE USE.
2. Surface should be clean, dry and free of dirt. For best results, roughen surface before use. Best when used between 70 °F and 85 °F (21 °C and 29 °C).
3. Puncture seal at the top of the tube using the pointer cap.
4. Always test a small area to ensure proper application technique and dry time. Prolonged exposure to warm water may cause discoloration and possible loss of adhesion when exposed to chemicals used in hot tubs and pools especially in outdoor locations. May be weakened by contact with certain highly plasticized materials.
5. Apply Shoe GOO directly to each surface to be bonded or repaired. Allow Shoe GOO to partially cure, 2-10 minutes, before bringing surfaces together. Shoe GOO hardens by solvent evaporation and forms an immediate bond that is difficult to reposition after both adhesive-coated surfaces are placed in contact with each other and sufficient pressure is exerted to establish full contact.
6. Allow the repair to dry for 24 hours. Various materials will require different drying times. Cure time increases with lower temperatures and decreases with higher temperatures. Depending on the materials and the temperature, maximum strength may not be reached for 48 to 72 hours.
7. Keep threads at the neck of the tube free of Shoe GOO residue. To ensure easy cap removal, apply a thin coat of petroleum jelly to the threads of the tube before replacing the cap.
8. Clean uncured adhesive with small amounts of acetone and paint thinner. The adhesive will ball up and brush off. Cured material may be removed by cutting or scraping.
9. Store unused Shoe GOO at room temperature with cap tightened.